How to recover lost access to Facebook Business Manager
Losing access to Facebook Business Manager happens more often than you think. I can happen for a range of reasons:
- The Business Manager was created by an ex employee who is unable or unwilling to transfer the page back.
- The page may have been hacked
- The business manager is associated with a profile that did not meet Facebooks account policies and has been suspended
Step by step guide on how to recover access to your Business Manager account on Facebook
Below are some steps you can follow to recover access to your Page:
Identify Page Owner and make all efforts to contact.
This is an obvious step but often overlooked. Go to your Facebook Page, select “Settings” and go to “Page Roles”. Take a look at the “Page Owner” part.
You may recognise the business nameand if you do, get in touch and see if they can help. Speak to all your team in case anyone has access. If you hit a dead end at this point you will need to get in touch with Facebook support.
Message Facebook Support to recover Business Manager
2. Choose the asset you want assistance with. Choose business if you can.
3. Once you are in contact you will need to explain the situation and steps you have aready taken. Be preparred with other information detailed below:
- Facebook Page URL
- Business Manager Account ID
- Screen Shot of Page Roles
- Ad Account ID
once your support person has this infomation they will aask you to provide certain business documents and proof of ID. You may be required to have these items notarised before sending them back. You will continue to communicate on the same messenger chat.
Whilst this is not a simple process we have seen success from this approach.